Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ryder Amazes Me!


I love this picture of him...he is definitely up to something here.

As we approach this Christmas I am thinking back to last Christmas, when Ryder was only 2 months old. He has changed and grown so much over this past year, that I am in awe everyday with his actions, and firsts that we get to experience. This Christmas Ryder is a very active 14 month old, and is into everything including but not limited to: doing stuff by himself, toilets (fun), toys in toilets (even more fun), climbing stairs, his farm toys and moving trucks, things that go, cars, Christmas ornaments, Micky Mouse Clubhouse, Little Einsteins and the really fun Tupperware cupboard. One of the cutest things is watching him do the pat, pat, pat, pat, blastoff part from the Little Einsteins Disney show.

This week his vocabulary has reached a few more words. He now can say, dada, dad, grandpa, mama (but this is very rare), dog, truck, and Jake (his uncle, and also our neighbors dog). He loves shaking his head no, but just learned yes, which doesn't just include a head nod, but a full body squat at the knees as he bows his little yes.

He loves holding things in his hands, and in fact prefers not to have his hands empty...ever. He tries to do everything with his hands full. He also loves going to bed with a plug (Remmert term for pacifier) in his mouth and one in each hand. He really loves playing with hair.

He is so amazing to us, and we are so blessed to have him in our life. I love watching him grow, and I am really enjoying every stage with him!

1 comment: