Boy or Girl? This is such an exciting time and it seems like this is the question on every ones mind. Tyson and I cant wait to find out, our families and friends are so excited, and even people I work with are dying to know the sex of our baby.
The other questions that we get a lot are "Do you want a boy or a girl" or "Are you hoping for a girl since you have a boy, or are you hoping for a boy?" There are many variations of these questions, but you get the idea. Honestly, Tyson and I discuss this all the time, since it is so exciting not knowing yet. The general consensus from both of us is we really don't care. Don't get me wrong...we definitely care about this baby, but about more important things, like health. We will be thrilled with either and we just want a very healthy baby to add to our family.
I go through weeks where one week I will hope the baby is a boy, and think this baby is a boy, and the next week I will hope the baby's a girl and think the baby's a girl. There are definitely exciting points about either one. If we get a boy, we will have another son, a little brother for Ryder, very little brother for Wyatt, and a total blessing. I think it would be so much fun to have all boys, and get to dress them the same for special outings and school pictures, and have them able to play together with the same toys. It will also cut down tremendously on the costs because we wont have to buy many new baby items. Honestly, Ryder is such a good boy and such a joy to be around, and we have gotten really use to having boys, I cant even imagine myself as a mother of a girl. I'm sure that will change if we have a girl, but as of right now, that is my feeling. Also, along with having all boys, and being the only girl in the house, I would continue to be the princess of the house (or queen whatever you prefer)!
On the other hand, if we have a girl, we will have a whole new set of experiences to look forward to. We will get to buy the fluffy, frilly, cute, girlie things, and the pink stuff that goes with having a girl. I have to say the girl clothing section usually are much bigger than the boys sections, with many more options. Ryder will get a little sister to play with and protect. They would not be into each others toys or clothes, so that may cut down on the chaos and possible arguing in the future. Also, Tyson has been saying from day 1, the day he has a daughter is the day he buys a shot-gun. Mind you he has guns already, but this will give him an excuse to get one more..a shot-gun. In his mind he wants to be one of those Dads who scares away all boys who come buy to court our daughter, because he cant imagine that happening and wants to prevent it as long as possible. I think all Dads feel that way in the beginning, but it never really happens.
Tyson and I will be so thrilled and happy for this baby to be a boy or a girl, and we really are not leaning to one side or the other. Actually, our lean goes back and forth every week or so and usually we are thinking the opposite way from each other. This is just such an exciting time!
A Night With Joshua Bell
7 years ago

Before Rylie is born there WILL be a new Remmington in the safe ;-).
ReplyDeleteGirl it is, man. . . this is going to be crazy.
I love you babe!