Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ryder's First Movie


On New Years Eve, Tyson and I took Ryder to see his first movie at the movie theater. We went to the matinee showing of Tangled. It was so exciting for all of us. Ryder was excited but I think Mommy and Daddy were even more excited for this first family experience. Ryder was the youngest child in the theater by far, and it was pretty crowded. We sat on the side of the theater and hoped for the best. Ryder did great for half of the movie, then he got a little antsy. He actually had no concept of being quiet to watch a movie and also had no idea there were so many others watching it because it was so dark. But half way through he stood up on his seat, turned around and said "HI EVERYBODY!" then he turned to the front and said "HI EVERYBODY!". Of course Tyson and I were trying to get him to be quite because we didn't want to ruin the movie for anyone else. We finally coaxed him to his seat and got him to quiet down by giving him some popcorn and emmies (m&m's). He did this a couple more times before the movie ended and decided he wanted to stand for part of it as well...but all in all, I would say he did reasonably well for a 2 year old, and we all had a pretty good movie experience.

By the way...the movie was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment